MORE 11 THINGS
And this time I was tagged by johnstamostimelessbeauty
1. Where do your jeans first start to wear out? My thighs. They are magnificent beasts and when it comes to jeans, they are nearly undefeated.
2. You just won a week long vacation to anywhere in the world, not including time it takes to travel. Where do you go and who would you bring etc? Costa Rica. Beaches and sloths. I would probably bring D because he would be sad if I didn’t.
3. How much poop is too much poop? I think when you have to tell yourself to stop pooping a la Chris Traeger, that’s probably too much poop.
4. What would the best salad be made of? There’s this salad at 54th Street that I could pretty much eat every day for the rest of my life - spring mix and chopped red onion, celery and apples tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette and topped with candied pecans and crumbled bleu cheese. It’s fucking delicious.
5. What was the first song you ever slow danced to? Fuck, I have no idea.
6. What is your favorite Hall and Oates song? Maneater. It came out when I was 4, so I obviously took it very literally and thought she sounded pretty badass. Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed when I realized that she wasn’t some half-animal/half-woman that actually ate men.
7. What movie do you regret not seeing in the theater? My mom said Avatar and Life of Pi were absolutely gorgeous in the theater, but I don’t really regret watching those at home instead. There are tons of movies that I regret seeing in the theater instead of waiting until them came out later (Rollerball, anyone?).
8. If you had to get rid of a dead body, how would you do it? WHAT? Who thinks of this stuff? Just kidding, I totally do. Probably a swamp/rainforest/ocean with lots of predators that would do my dirty work for me and eat the evidence and then swim/crawl/slither away.
9. What is the worst ice cream flavor? I’m sure there are some seriously nasty specialty flavors out there, but I’m going to stick to what I’ve tried and echo everyone else and say bubblegum. WHY DOES IT EXIST?
10. Who would you fuck from Game of Thrones? limit to 3 pls This is ridiculously easy.
- Khal Drogo
- Jaime Lannister
11. If you could get any item of clothing made by any designer, but it had to be something eccentric, what would you pick and who would design it? This is the hardest question I’ve ever gotten. I’m going to think about this for a while and then come back to it.
Bug is refusing to wear her pants today.
ONE OF US. ONE OF US.
Let me make the mistakes so you don’t have to
Always carefully check the annual/quarterly/whatever statements your life insurance company sends you because when that $128 policy premium which, for some reason, got paid by loan against that policy instead of direct payment - in fucking 1998 - goes totally unnoticed because they never send actual invoices for it and just mention it in the middle of a bunch of other things on your annual premium notice, it might go totally unnoticed for 16 fucking years and end up being $466 instead.
*Because she is the best, my mom is paying it because the policy was through her until last year, but at the same time, I did open most of the premium notices and just looked at invoiced amount due for that year instead of reading them carefully. So that’s a big fucking oops there and I feel very shitty about it.
**Also, most lucky for me, it wasn’t because I was lax about shredding stuff / identity theft stuff. Because that’s what I was really worried about.
I just called and left a voicemail for my insurance agent re: the letter of doom, and while I was totally fine and not overthinking this when I woke up, now my body is starting to go into panic mode which kind of sucks.
I just got a letter from my insurance company letting me know that the interest rate on the outstanding loan on my life insurance policy is now 5.5%, which would be fine and good, except I HAVE NOT TAKEN OUT A LOAN.
Uuuugggghhhh, I don’t want to wait until next week for the next True Detective.
finally accepting that you are attracted to matthew mcconaughey
alright alright alright
What? That did happen to you guys in the early 2000’s and then re-realized it when you saw the commercials for Magic Mike?
I thought he was hot when I was in college (?) but I had to draw the line at too much shiny shirtlessness. Toooo much shirtlessness.
Does anyone remember him in Boys on the Side? I nearly died when I realized it was Wooderson.
MORE 11 THINGS
This one’s from dariadixon.
1. Where is your favorite warm place to go on vacation? Anywhere with a beach and good food. I’m not picky.
2. What’s your favorite job you’ve had so far? Volunteering totally counts. I got to nanny my brother one summer. I got paid to make him do his chores and take him to the pool all afternoon.
3. What’s the best concert you’ve ever been to? So hard to choose. I love concerts SO MUCH and I used to go to them all the time and haven’t been to one in a few years. It’s probably a tie between Damien Rice and TV on the Radio.
4. What was your least favorite food growing up? Liver.
5. Do you have any scars with crazy stories behind them? Nothing too wild. I burned the back of my leg on the exhaust pipe that ran down the side of a friend’s car probably 10 years ago and there’s still a big faded circle.
6. How much do you hate this winter, on a scale of 1-10? 1 being mild irritation, like having something stuck in your teeth, 10 being your feelings about Joffrey Baratheon.
8. I’m pretty done with it by now. And it’s snowing again. Last night it would have been an 8, but today it’s a 10. I AM READY TO BURN IT DOWN
7. What’s your favorite TV show of all time and WHY? Even though I didn’t really like the end, Lost. It hooked me in and it was almost an obsession trying to figure it out.
8. Which formal dress that you wore to an event like a wedding or prom was your favorite? Oh god, I don’t even know. I can only remember one prom dress because I am old, and I don’t think I was that wild about it. And I can’t even count my wedding dress because it wasn’t formal, it’s just a nice long strapless swimsuit coverup. Although it did have pockets. I probably looked better in the prom dress, but the pockets tip the scales. Let’s just go with my $50 wedding dress.
9. What’s your favorite stupid joke? The stupider the better. Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl going to the bathroom? Because the “P” is silent.
10. Have any of your friendships ended due to Monopoly? Or another game/board game? No. Not gonna lie, I’ve been tempted to flip the board in a huff occasionally but usually I’ll shove it down and give in semi-gracefully.
11. Favorite thing to order at McDonalds? Fries and a chocolate shake. And maybe some chicken nuggets. Definitely some chicken nuggets.
I feel like I’ve been pretty tolerant of the weather this winter, despite it costing me money car-wise and just being cold and nasty in general. However, it just snowed again and the roads are crappy and I’m not going to be able to go to my BFF’s tonight and that pretty much crosses the line. Weather, you are on fucking notice.